I am currently accepting review requests. I am not currently able to accept requests for reviews of digital copies.
Genres I accept:* (Preferred genres are bolded.)
- YA Fantasy
- YA Historical Fiction
- YA Contemporary
- YA Science Fiction
- MG Fantasy
- Some adult*
I do not accept NA or erotica under any circumstances.
- 5 Stars: I LOVED THIS!! It was pretty much perfect and I will yell at you until you read it too. I will probably reread this book.
- 4 Stars: I really loved this, and I will probably be very tempted to reread this.
- 3 Stars: I liked this, but it wasn’t particularly memorable and it had some problems. It is very unlikely I will reread this.
- 2 Stars: I didn’t like this at all, but it wasn’t necessarily terrible. There were some redeeming factors, but it had a multitude of problems. I will not reread this book, unless I am desperate, or all my other books are burned.
- 1 Star: Unspeakably terrible. Please send help.
I also use half stars if a book is in between ratings, and will often round up on Goodreads. I also try not to DNF books, but when I do it is usually because of content I don’t want to read. Otherwise, I read at least 25% before I quit, and I never rate an unfinished book unless I feel very strongly about it or have read at least 60% of it.
*I choose to not read books that contain graphic/explicit sex or excessive profanity. Please keep that in mind if you choose to send me your book. Each of my reviews includes a brief mention of potentially objectionable content, and those may be used for reference. I reserve the right to not finish any book I find offensive.
If you would like to send me your book for review consideration, please use my contact form or email me at sugardustedpages (@) gmail (dot) com.
I typically post book reviews on Tuesdays and Sundays, some sort of bookish post or discussion on either Thursday, and occasionally feature my Flashlight Friday meme on Friday.
Books I review are sorted into categories:
- Chocolate – Fantasy. My very favorite genre!
- Starbursts – Contemporary. A genre I occasionally like.
- Cupcakes – Historical Fiction. My second very favorite genre.
- Ice Cream – Science Fiction. A genre I honestly don’t know if I like.
- Royal Icing – My all time favorite books.
You may notice above that I mention content I don’t want to read. I don’t care to read books with too much swearing/sexual content, and that is reflected in the books I read. But I totally understand that others feel differently, and that’s okay!! We can still be bookish friends!! But I will leave a note at the bottom of my reviews giving a brief overview of content that could be considered objectionable by some, just in case someone feels the way I do!! :).