I was just nominated TWICE for this award!! I may have screamed. This is my first ever award/tag and I am SO excited to participate!!
So THANK YOU THANK YOU to Kris @ Lemon-Notes and Ashley @ Bumbling About Books for nominating me!! They are both absolutely wonderful people and their blogs are both so creative and entertaining and SO relatable, and you should go stalk them!!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. The award was created by Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma. You should check the blog out!”
I am an INFJ personality type. This means I am 110% introverted, but I also love people and friends. I love being creative, and I love writing and THINKING and of course, I love reading. But I am also a perfectionist who struggles with anxiety, so not everything about my personality type is great. (But I’m also psychic, so it works out.) It’s also kind of funny how many book bloggers are also INFJs!
I am a total food snob. I absolutely love food, but I am also super picky and snobbish about the food I eat!! (It’s my mom’s fault. She spoiled me with amazing food.) I love trying new food (as long as it’s not toooo weird) and I have excellent taste in food in general, if I do say myself. (I may or may not be a snob in other ways too.) My favorite food is Vietnamese, especially Bahn Mi sandwiches. In fact, I almost never eat “American” food (meat… wait, what even is American food?!?) which is funny, because I am American. I also love dessert, and my whole family is waaay too good at baking…
One of my biggest dreams is to live in New York City and be a writer. I don’t even know why. It just sounds unbelievably magical. But I do absolutely love writing, and the one time I visited New York City, I fell in love. (Even though we were only there for two hours. Yes, I am still upset.)
Now on to the questions!! I am doing Kris’s AND Ashley’s questions, because they were all so fun and… I really wanted to.
What is the WORST book you have ever read? This book totally ruined everything ever.
I couldn’t pick a worst book because I am a mean, analyzing creature who finds something to hate about EVERYTHING (meaning, I’ve read a LOT of bad books) so I went with a book that upset me more than any other book: Thirteen Reasons Why. I felt it was a terrible portrayal of suicide and mental health, and having had friends who have taken their own lives made it really, really hard to read.
Have you ever met an author in the wild?
Do you eat and read at the same time?
OHMYGOODNESSYES. In fact, I have a fun little post coming up aaalll about that…*laughs evily*
Worst book injury? (Can be to the book or yourself. My worst one to a book is when there was a banana in my backpack and the pages smushed themselves into the banana and the whole book started to rot because bananas.)
HAHAHAHA. I couldn’t settle for just one… so I’m listing the top three, in order of nightmarishness, because clearly I am twisted.
- I once dropped a LIBRARY book in the bathtub. Also I wasn’t even IN the bathtub. That takes skills, you guys. I don’t even know…
- I was reading my cute little brand-new hardcover My Lady Jane (which you should read, btw) WITH THE DUST JACKET ON (I like never ever ever EVER do that) WHILE WALKING DOWN THE SIDEWALK and… I dropped it and folded the beautiful cover in half. I started screaming internally. I would have screamed externally but I was at school and a college student should not scream in public. Especially over a book, because I already looked crazy enough reading while walking.
And now for the true horror…
- I put a vase of flowers on my shelf. I was proud of myself because FLOWERS and HOME DECOR and ADULTING. Unbeknownst to poor little me, the vase had a crack in the bottom. The vase proceeded to leak ALL OVER THE SHELF UNDERNEATH. Which had my precious few hardcover books on it. Several dust jackets got wet and warped and RUINED. I cried for two hours. And was sad and heartbroken for two days.
But really, does anything compare to that banana story? (Yes it does, Lenna. And you are an evil, book-destroying monster.)
What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo! (YES, YES, I know. FINALLY) Except I am vaguely disappointed because it is NOT Six of Crows and also I hate the name Alina. (What? I told you I was a snob.)
What is your favorite underrated book and why?
UGH, this is so HARD. Life is so HARD.
But really, this is actually an easy question because FRANCES HARDINGE. She is my very very favorite writer and people just don’t know about her books!! So please!! Go read them ALL!! They are beautiful and strange and magical, and her characters and worlds are just so developed and vivid and lush and just UGH. Go read one. *Throws book at you while sobbing*
If you could tell a younger you one thing what would it be?
Hmmm… Enjoy it while it lasts?! Haha. Really though, probably, “It will be okay.”
What was something that you remember sparking your love of reading?
The Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne!! I devoured this series and read it constantly. I still want to meet Ms. Osborne so I can fall to the ground and worship her in eternal gratitude.
What is an unpopular bookish opinion you stand by?
I don’t like Harry Potter.
*cue hordes of screaming fans*
Fine, it’s not that I dislike it, it’s really that I’m indifferent. I never even finished the series, so…
If you could go to any book world, which one would you choose and why?
I would love to go to Ketterdam from Six of Crows because 1) I want to meet Kaz and
marry him tell him I love him and 2) I’m honestly curious as to how long I would last – because clearly I am not well.
(If you don’t want to/don’t have time to do the tag, no worries!!)
What was the very first book you remember reading?
What is your worst reading habit? (Mine is probably starting approximately 12 books at once.)
How do you get out of reading slumps? (Also, why are they so evil?!?)
What are your favorite and least favorite genres?
Where is your favorite place to read? (On your bed, under your window..)
Also, I won’t be posting at all next week because I am leaving the country for nine days!! (*internal screaming*) I’ll probably attempt to answer comments, but no posts for a few days!! I’ll see you all soon!!