Wow, I can’t believe it’s only been a month since I started my blog!! It feels like it’s been FOREVER. And not only have I had SO MUCH FUN doing this, I have learned some things:
(Also, this wrap-up is really late, but THE SCHEDULE. I like my schedule.)
- Blogging is SO TIME CONSUMING. Before I started, I had heard a lot of other bloggers talk about how much time and work went into book blogging, but I… didn’t actually believe them. But it really is a lot of work. I have to read (obviously) write reviews, take pictures, think up discussion topics, WRITE those discussion topics, FORMAT THE POSTS (!!!) and interact with other bloggers. BUT I LOVE IT ANYWAY. (except for the mess. Ew.)
- It is okay to use your library. It does not make you a bad blogger. Kris at Lemon-Notes wrote a wonderful post about this, and it was nice to know that other bloggers feel the same way!!
- Bookstagram is ridiculously fun, but like I said, it takes an INSANE amount of time. Also, the mess is ridiculous.
Also, I have completely changed my blog’s design. First the header images looked like this:
Then they looked like this.
Then I decided my life was not boring enough and they ALL looked like this:
And finally I discovered the joy of taking my own pictures and I am immensely pleased with the way having unique pictures makes my blog look.
And I also made a new blog logo and some fun little graphics to go with my posts.
Needless to say, I am wondrously happy with the way my blog looks. I am also wondrously grateful for all you subscribers!!
I was able to buy two books this month. And while I am saaad that I couldn’t buy more, I am also really grateful for the ones I did get. (Of course, I ended up returning THAT ONE BOOK but pfft. That means I get to buy an extra next month!!) Also, like I said, LIBRARIES ARE WONDERFUL and I checked out approximately 7564869 books this month.
And I also got some review copies, so that was exciting!! (
Even though I didn’t like ANY of them.) Next month will be better. I posted a picture on of the new review copies I got on Saturday and I have not stopped screaming since.)
This was kind of a weird month and most of my free time was spent getting the blog up and running, taking pictures, having crisis- you know, fun stuff. So I only read 11 books, which is a lot fewer than normal. My goal for April is AT LEAST 15, but considering the exciting review copies I have/will be getting, my reading this month will probably result in 4785673 books subtracted from my TBR and one sleep-exhausted me.
- The Freemason’s Daughter by Shelley Sackier
- How it Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes
- Dear Reader by Mary O’Connell
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
*Clearly, I just can’t feature every book I read on my blog, but you can follow me on Goodreads, where I review EVERYTHING.
Also, You know how my blog is called Sugar Dusted Pages? Well. I originally started it with the intent of having dessert-themed book categories, rating system, etc.
I pretty much failed, and apparently roses and glitter have taken over my blog space?!?
So… even though there has not YET been any candy, there will be soon. Lots of it. *laughs evilly*.
What were the bookish highlights of your month?? Do you have any goals for conquering your TBR this April? What is your favorite thing about blogging, if you have one?